Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Having Pursuits Outside



Well my faithful readers,
Another week another 7 dollars.  I hope you have all had a wonderful week and haven't been too anxiously waiting for my next blog post... but if you were, it's gonna be okay.  I'm here now. 

I want to tell you about a wonderful opportunity that you could have as a student at the UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN COLORADO.  If you are a student here, you can get free gear from our outdoor pursuits program. 

SAY WHAT?  Yeah.  It's true... not even lying.  Just visit the UNC Gear Shop and you can check out a myriad of different items. 

We're talking bikes, helmets, compasses, tents, cooksets, climbling shoes, kayaks, canoes, mountain bikes, show shoes, snowboards, ect. 
WAIT... HOLD UP... PUMP THE BRAKES... ERRRRRRRRRRRR.  Danny, did you just say... compasses? 
Yeah.  I did.  Anyone in the mood for an old fashioned nautical expedition? 


Anywho, the reason I bring this up is because me and Shannon (my girlfriend) celebrated our two year anniversary on Monday.  It was splendid.  First I took her here for Afternoon Tea...

Anyone care for Tea or cucumber sandwiches? 

Then we went to the cheesecake factory.  It was really great.  We shared this together.


Last of all, I brought Shannon to the park where we had our first date.  It's called Bittersweet Park.  If I haven't mentioned before how awesome the Greeley Parks and Rec department is, it's awesome.

When we arrived, it was dark outside.   I had my friends Austin and Tom waiting there, and with them, was a free Canoe procured at the UNC gear shop.  They walked us down to the lake, pushed us off in our canoe, and then we just paddled to the middle and enjoyed each other's company.  Thanks to the UNC gear shop, our two year anniversary was utterly enchanting.  I would highly recommend it... just make sure you have your Greeley Boating Permit (acquired for free)



For your viewing pleasure... a sunset at Bittersweet Park...



RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRR

Danny
(Brother bear)

No comments:

Post a Comment